Volivoli Beach Resort Sport Fishing
Any time of year is a good time for fishing in Fiji. The tropical blue sea around Volivoli Beach is teaming with numerous varieties of game fish, including:
- Dogtooth Tuna: Year-round
- Giant Trevally: Year-round
- Spanish Mackerel: Year-round
- Sail Fish and Marlin: Year-round, peaking November through February
- Wahoo: Year-round, peaking May through September
- Yellowfin Tuna: Year-round, peaking November through May
- Mahi Mahi: December through January and June through August
Additionally, these Fiji reef species are found year-round.
- Blue Bar Parrot
- Coral Trout: Footballer, Coronation, and Blue Spot
- Green Jobfish
- Humphead Wrasse
- Mangrove Jack
- Red Throat Emperor
- Spangled Emperor
- Trevally: Golden, Silver, Bluespot, & GT
The Bligh waters host an unimaginable amount of reef structure in the form of bommies -- some rising from 1000m to 1m in a sheer wall. The current created between the islands of Viti Levu, (where Volivoli is located) and Vanua Levu, combined with depth and reef structure, assures amazing sports and game fishing. It's hard to resist the opportunity to relax on the open water with a cold beer while you wait for a bite. And when you return ashore with your catch, our chefs will be happy to cook it for you.
The gear – the boat and onboard fishing equipment
Our fully licensed 35 foot Cobra Centre Console with Feruno GPS and Fishfinder is powered with twin Suzuki DF140 outboard engines and set up for both sports fishing with a massive casting platform at the bow and stand-up game fishing with 5m telescopic Rupp outriggers and live bait tank. Your charter will include:
- Transportation to the best fishing spots in Fiji
- All necessary equipment and gear
- Lunch and refreshments (alcoholic beverages optional)
- Local expertise for your once-in-a-lifetime fishing experience
Fishing gear includes:
- Shimano TLD 50 2 speed, 24kg Backbone Rods
- Shimano Tyrnos 30's, 15kg Backbone Rods
- Shimano TLD 25's, 10kg Backbone Rods
- Shimano Saragosa 18000 T-curve popping Rods
- Lures: The latest from Rapala, River2sea, OTI etc
Our skipper and deckhands have years of experience in the Bligh waters. Your crew bring dedication, experience, fun, knowledge and passion to every charter and put 110% into putting you on the fish for your fishing trip of a lifetime.
Fishing Charter Pricing
Full-day charter (8 hours, max 4 people)$1800 fjd
Includes all equipment, beer, soft drinks and lunch
Half-day charter (4hours, max 4 people)$1000 fjd
Includes all trolling equipment
(popping equipment $100fjd per trip),
beer, soft drinks and snacks.
Two-hour charter (max 4 people)acks.$600 fjd
*All prices shown in Fiji Dollars inclusive of VAT and are valid for travel until 31 March 2013, subject to availability.